Honestly, I wouldnt call it "stitch nazi" material...
1. Wrong splinter on the jump smock, thats Splinter A not splinter B. Splinter A appears on zeltbahns, and smocks used by Heer and SS. Splinter B is used exclusively by the Luftwaffe, and is used on jump smocks, ground division smocks, and helmet covers. Heres the difference between the two: As you can tell, splinter B is much more geometric, and the shapes are smaller.
2. Knee pads were never used after the jump, they were discarded as soon as they hit the drop zone.
3. It looks like you are going for a mid-late war impression...by then double ducal helmets were extremely rare...it would look so much better if you painted up the helmet.
4. Are those toe caps I see on those boots? FJ jump boots did not have toe caps on them.
I would also ditch the mess tin and zeltbahn, both were items that were not really carried by FJ.
Thanks for your criticism!
1. reseaching the splinter A & B issue you are correct, Splinter B was used exclusively by the Luftwaffe, I have a Barry Lyndon "water" pattern smock, I should have used that one instead had I known Splinter A was not used by the Luftwaffe. I bought the book "German Paratroops, Uniforms, Insignia & Equipment of the Fallschirmjager in WWII" By Robert Kurtz. It is a great book with lots of color photos of Original equipment. I couldn't tell the difference between Splinter patterns from most of the Black and white shows I've used to research up to this point.
I didn't Think the SS used Splinter on their Zelts just the Oakleaf patterns.
There are photographs of Fallschirmjagers in Normandy with double decals on their helmets.
I have seen many images of Fallschirmjagers, especially in Sicily with Zelts, messtins and Entrenching tools and that was a Parachute operation.
I haven't had a chance to convert those boots.. That is actually my brother in my kit at the Amsterdam airsoft event 2 weekends ago my brother is a size 11 and I am a size 12.5 so we just took the photo in his pre conversion jump boots..... I didn't think they were that conspicuous!
I agree the Helmet would look great painted but my ultimate end game is a Krete Campaign Fallschirmjager Impression and I need to have that helmet look like that.
Post by spitfire740 on Sept 12, 2007 16:17:56 GMT -5
Adler, very nice smocks! is the paracutista a repro or original?? I don't know of anybody that makes a jump smock other than Steve Kiddle (although he specializes in Nembo) and Allessandro, and if that is indeed an original.... you are the luckiest guy I know! Although the pattern looks post-war.
Last Edit: Sept 12, 2007 16:19:52 GMT -5 by spitfire740
The Paracadutista smock was made by my aunt who lives in Italy her husband is a movie director( B and C type of movies) and she helps out from time to time on the wardrobe department so she made the smock for me in one day, she also made me a Samurai vest for the Beretta38, wich she will send along with one of their Paracadutisti helmets from the props department, she told me they weren't sure if it was post or wartime.
ME NE FREGO. Guns don't kill people , husbands who come home early do. I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass , and I am all out of bubble gum
Post by binarypunisher on Sept 14, 2007 21:36:48 GMT -5
Its kinda hard to judge since there isnt really any substance to the photo. I guess my one complaint is a kid in their looks waay too young, and another guy looks waay too old - which I guess is okay depending on the era.
Dracul: It looks like it lost a lot of steam and I now feel bad for randomly dropping off.
Jun 15, 2018 14:58:17 GMT -5
stuka: I mean it's not your fault. It is interesting though that things are falling off as we are finally getting our ww2 guns with the type 38/96 and the enfield as well as it recieving a new loading system, it's kind of unfortunate
Jun 16, 2018 3:30:04 GMT -5
Dracul: I don't know, maybe its because all the guns are becoming available, there is a decreasing need for the forums.
Jun 16, 2018 16:29:26 GMT -5
Dracul: Most of the talk was about making guns, as all the uniform info was already out there, but now the weapons are out there and are usually decent quality.
Jun 16, 2018 16:33:32 GMT -5
stuka: well the forum is and should still be useful for updates on guns, creating groups/events and building kits
Jun 18, 2018 1:33:29 GMT -5
Cpl. Hicks: I haven't been here in years, but I'm glad to see this forum is still kicking! So much great info on here.
Jun 22, 2018 14:00:12 GMT -5
savoy6: anyone know if anyone still carries the enfield?
Jul 15, 2018 18:47:08 GMT -5
Dracul: I think Redwolf has a Enfield. If not or not longer, then not until G&G releases theirs. The old gas Iron Airsoft brand SMLE isn't carried by anyone anymore and was such piece of crap. Not worth trying to track one down.
Jul 19, 2018 5:55:35 GMT -5