Super-duper. Like many artists you are hard to please. I guess that's how Mona Lisa got painted.
Yes... never 100% happy I guess. There a few things I would have done differently in hindsight but I have limited tools. Some things I've already corrected on the ACAD file which when I made it would have made things a bit easier and I should have done some steps differently but was afraid to go to far hacking the Sten up. After cutting the front sight off I sould have brazed it to the barrel shroud before I glued in the barrel end. Becasue I didn't I had to create pins and use epoxy puddy to mount it. Turned out durable but not as durable as if I would have brazed it on.
I'll post more photos later about how to attach the gun to the stock. This gave me some fits to figure out because I wanted a solid mounting system that was easy to remove. In the end I got there and it works very well and as it turned out no that hard to do.
I have a 1917 enfield stock i purchased years ago. I hope to mod into a lanchester paintball smg later this year. I also have an old sterling gas operated airsoft that could provide a template for a sten or lanchester smg.
With the stock reshaped and re-fauxed and applied the final detail pieces I gave it a test fire. With the AK stick 11.1v lipoly I'm getting a respectable 340 fps on a pdi 170. Attached is an MP38/40 sling.
Post by nbnagantsniper on Sept 28, 2011 20:32:15 GMT -5
kalbs replyed to my message and says ---------It was actually quite easy using a bolt set in the bottom forward center. the nut is a thumb screw from a red-dot mount. The rear is heldon with a custom L-bracket and screw.