Operation Cobra Overlord -Oct 8th- Williamson, IL Jul 15, 2011 12:13:31 GMT -5
Post by misfit13 on Jul 15, 2011 12:13:31 GMT -5
Operation Cobra Overlord
October 8th, 2011
Wildcat - Williamson, IL
June 1944, the Axis powers of Europe have had a strangle hold on the Allied powers for to long. Allied forces have planned the largest invasion in modern history to relive the pain and suffering caused by the mighty Axis giant. This battle will decide the fate of Europe as we know it...
When: Saturday, Oct 8, 2011
390 Third St. Williamson, IL 62088
All players must sign an wildcat waiver
9:20 - Safety Briefing
9:45 - Team briefing
10:00 - Game start
ALL SLAP RULES APPLY
- full seal eye protection
- mesh is acceptable
- FPS limit 400 (anything over must be approved)
- Any WWII weapon is allowed (and encouraged!)
- Some loaner weapons are available and are the preferred option for those that do not have a period weapon. PM if interested.
- All other AEG’s are allowed, but they must be covered in burlap and/or cloth. This rule is in effect to conceal them from being non period. If you do not have any, cloth will be provided.
- NO weapon "bling". This would include (but not limited to) reddots, no scopes (unless on a bolt action), rails, vertical grips, flashlights, etc. Use common sense please.
-Any WWII axis or allied impression is allowed
- If you do not have a period impression, you can sign up as Frech resistance or Volkssturm! This is a easy impression to put together. You can wear regular clothing that looks like it is from the 1940’s. You can acquire this at a local thrift store, or possibly by even raiding your grandfathers closet. French resistance will be playing on the allied side and Volkssturm on the Axis side. Armbands will be provided for identification for Volkssturm players.
*** - UPDATE NEW RULE - ***
For those wearing helmets. You get one free pass if hit in the helmet per respawn
*** - - ***
If you plan to attend, please rsvp so we know what kind of numbers to expect. Include your name and impression (axis, allied, partisan or volkssturm) and if you would like to possibly borrow a weapon.
This milsim is going to be great! This field has a huge bunker with d-day landing boat props, a town, wooded area, ruins and earth works. We will have many props, some artillery and scenario objectives to complete. All around SLAP is putting in a lot of effort into this game. If you THINK you can go... don't wait.. SIGN UP!
Misfit + 1