Operation Overlord - Claxton GA WWII Airsoft Game Dec 7, 2012 9:13:09 GMT -5
Post by FloridaCombatSims on Dec 7, 2012 9:13:09 GMT -5
Date: January 4th, 5th, and 6th 2013
Location: Claxton, GA
Cost: $20 (Authentic WWII Meals Included)
Contact Information: email@example.com
The main storyline/scenario for this game will be Operation Overlord from the summer of 1944. The American airborne landings in Normandy were the first United States combat operations during Operation Overlord, the invasion of Normandy by the Western Allies on June 6, 1944. Around 13,100 paratroopers of the U.S. 82nd Airborne and 101st Airborne Divisions made night parachute drops early on D-Day, June 6, followed by 3,937 glider troops flown in by day. As the opening maneuver of Operation Neptune (the assault operation for Overlord) the American airborne divisions were delivered to the continent in two parachute and six glider missions.
Both divisions were part of the U.S. VII Corps and provided it support in its mission of capturing Cherbourg as soon as possible to provide the Allies with a port of supply. The specific missions of the airborne divisions were to block approaches into the vicinity of the amphibious landing at Utah Beach, to capture causeway exits off the beaches, and to establish crossings over the Douve River at Carentan to assist the U.S. V Corps in merging the two American beachheads.
The assault did not succeed in blocking the approaches to Utah for three days. Numerous factors played a part, most of which dealt with excessive scattering of the drops. Despite this, German forces were unable to exploit the chaos. Many German units made a tenacious defense of their strong-points, but all were systematically defeated within the week. This event will follow these strategic battles.
Other miscellaneous information
Mess kit (plate, bowl, cup/mug, fork, spoon, knife)
Boots (mandatory for safety reasons)
Safety glasses (full face covering for minors under 18)
$20 fee (food included) if you feel you will need more than a single portion of food then please bring extra food for yourself
Uniform standards as a minimum required to participate are as follows:
Allied- OD green or tan military style clothing
Axis- Gray or black military style clothing
Civilians- Any type of 1930’s/1940’s style of dress
Hats are mandatory for all players!!!!!
Note white shirts, jackets and hats are NOT permitted! This color is set aside for the refs and observers
Please make every effort to use biodegradable ammo. This is not mandatory, but would be greatly appreciated.
Plan on camping since hotels are not in the vicinity of this property.
If modern style guns are used (AK’s / AR’s) the buttstock and forearm must be wrapped in burlap or another rough textured neutral color. No optics, only iron sights can be used. No grips or other accessories are allowed. If high capacity magazines are used (this is for modern style guns only) please place bipod on gun as a squad support weapon. Plastic clip-on bipods are easily purchased for about $6 and up.
No use of NVG/VVG’s or flashlights over 90 lumans. Flashlights cannot be mounted to guns, must be carried in hand only.
Rules of Play will be discussed during the Pre-game briefing.
Meals and bottled water are provided. There will only be one fire, located near the office. Bathroom facilities are in a toy hauler, supplied by Justin DeLance, or the wood line. If showers are needed, either a bucket, water hose, or the toy hauler is available. Females are allowed in the main house to use the restrooms and take showers. Aside from that, ONLY designated officers, referees, and support personnel are authorized to enter the house. Office is off limits unless authorized personnel present.
Please print out the 12 Rules and the liability waiver PRIOR to attending. The wavier must be signed and notarized (minors must have parent/guardian signature and it must be notarized) to be allowed to play. The rules must be signed in the lower right hand side of the page and both documents must be presented to staff at time of arrival. You will then be given a copy of a map of the area and assigned a campsite.
If you are going to attend, please RSVP on facebook, but also send a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org provide your name, address, phone number, and age. If you are brining others, please have them do the same. I will email you a copy of the liability waiver that MUST be signed as stated in the info above and presented on location.
1. Anytime players go out of the DMZ, they MUST be accompanied by a battle buddy. This is due to the hazards and liability issues. Exceptions are designated officers, referees, and observers.
2. There is a lot of farm equipment and weakened structures on the property, if you damage these in any way, you will be held financially responsible. Most of these items and locations will be gone over in greater detail at the pre-game briefing.
3. You play at your own risk. Liability waivers will be signed (under 18 will be signed and notarized by parents or guardians), and notarized before you can play. There will be certified First Responders/ TCCC/ First Aid personnel on hand for minor injuries or stabilization of major injuries pending arrival of EMT/ paramedics.
4. Live firearms WILL NOT be allowed on the field. Minors and felons will in NO WAY be allowed in possession of live firearms at anytime. If you are a CCW holder and choose to carry in camp, you MUST let a designated officer know about it.
5. Drugs and narcotics WILL NOT be permitted, with the exception of prescription medications. Anyone found in the possession or consumption of illegal substances will be immediately escorted from the property. If you are found in possession of a felonious amount or in the act of committing a felony, under Georgia state law, you will be detained for proper authorities as permitted by Georgia state law.
6. All players will observe military courtesy and respect to all designated offices, and observe boundaries set aside for authorized personnel. (i.e. kitchen, house, office, officer dinning area, etc)
7. Racial, ideological, political, or religious material, slurs, uniforms, or propaganda WILL NOT be tolerated. If asked to stop and you persist you may be asked to leave.
8. Safety eyewear/facemasks and boots will be worn at all times when outside the DMZ.
9. Guns firing over 450 fps are regulated to a minimum shooting distance of 15 ft. Guns firing over 550 fps are regulated to a minimum shooting distance of 30 ft.
10. There is an old house that is in play as a “bombed” structure. DO NOT pass roped/marked off areas for your own safety. No more than 3 (three) players from either team (no more than 6 (six) players total) are allowed in the house at anytime.
11. Be aware of the direction you are firing in, as parts of the field cross over public crossroads. DO NOT fire at ANY cars!!! Doing so may lead to your arrest, fines, tickets, etc. If found impeding normal traffic or firing on passing vehicles, you will be permanently banned. DO NOT fire into the DMZ. This area is set aside for safety reasons, as well as camping and parking.
12. We are not responsible for stolen, lost, or damaged items or property.