Post by CPL. Mills 2nd Rangers on Jul 21, 2006 3:39:13 GMT -5
Every Garand that I know of has arrived with a loose barrel at the end.
Well fret no more about that, here is a simple step by step guide on how to fix that.
1) Get your gun and the tools needed to take it apart. screwdriver, and the Hex keys that came with your gun.
2) Take the trigger assembly out then remove the lower wooden stock.
3) Then remove the slide, the screw is circled in the picture. then remove the wooden piece that is right above it. It is simple to remove, you just need a flat head screwdriver. It will just pop right off.
4) In the picture the arrow is pointing to a piece of metal that you need to loosen, There are 2 screws holding it in place, take them out.
5) Now you can tighten your barrel. Turn your barrel left to tighten. Now, that your barrel is tight, the end of your gun has probably shifted. Just loosen this screw:
And adjust the end of your rifle till its proper. Then reassemble your gun.
If anyone is curious what the Garand looks like mostly disassembled:
Pvt Mills with that effort I hereby promote you to corporal!!!! Thanks for that helpfull post. PS I love the now weathered look of your Garand after obvious use. It look super! Your pictures were most helpful.
Stalin should have known communism wouldn't work. There were red flags everywhere!"
stuka: well the forum is and should still be useful for updates on guns, creating groups/events and building kits
Jun 18, 2018 1:33:29 GMT -5
Cpl. Hicks: I haven't been here in years, but I'm glad to see this forum is still kicking! So much great info on here.
Jun 22, 2018 14:00:12 GMT -5
savoy6: anyone know if anyone still carries the enfield?
Jul 15, 2018 18:47:08 GMT -5
Dracul: I think Redwolf has a Enfield. If not or not longer, then not until G&G releases theirs. The old gas Iron Airsoft brand SMLE isn't carried by anyone anymore and was such piece of crap. Not worth trying to track one down.
Jul 19, 2018 5:55:35 GMT -5
setho: Looking for games in or near Vermont
Jun 10, 2020 16:34:26 GMT -5
ajman: I don't think there's gonna be anything in northern New England anytime soon, and as far as I know there hasn't been in a while, but if you're willing to drive to Connecticut there's usually some decent sized battles a couple times a year.
Jun 11, 2020 20:21:22 GMT -5
tootall2: Looking for any fellow ww2aa guys around the Evansville area.
Jul 3, 2020 11:46:06 GMT -5
boz: Happy 4th all, despite pandemic! I'm looking for a boneyard S&T Springfield M1903A3 for a beta test on retro conversion to A1 or Mark 1 (WW1) configuration. Pop me a message if you've a broken S&T (or G&G, or Apple Soft) M1903 you wish to unload.
Jul 5, 2020 14:33:36 GMT -5