Post by CPL. Mills 2nd Rangers on Jul 21, 2006 3:39:13 GMT -5
Every Garand that I know of has arrived with a loose barrel at the end.
Well fret no more about that, here is a simple step by step guide on how to fix that.
1) Get your gun and the tools needed to take it apart. screwdriver, and the Hex keys that came with your gun.
2) Take the trigger assembly out then remove the lower wooden stock.
3) Then remove the slide, the screw is circled in the picture. then remove the wooden piece that is right above it. It is simple to remove, you just need a flat head screwdriver. It will just pop right off.
4) In the picture the arrow is pointing to a piece of metal that you need to loosen, There are 2 screws holding it in place, take them out.
5) Now you can tighten your barrel. Turn your barrel left to tighten. Now, that your barrel is tight, the end of your gun has probably shifted. Just loosen this screw:
And adjust the end of your rifle till its proper. Then reassemble your gun.
If anyone is curious what the Garand looks like mostly disassembled:
Pvt Mills with that effort I hereby promote you to corporal!!!! Thanks for that helpfull post. PS I love the now weathered look of your Garand after obvious use. It look super! Your pictures were most helpful.
Stalin should have known communism wouldn't work. There were red flags everywhere!"
tommyv311: hey does anyone know of any upcoming events happening on the East coast anytime in the near future? forms seem kinda dead.
Jun 6, 2018 12:27:00 GMT -5
Dracul: It looks like it lost a lot of steam and I now feel bad for randomly dropping off.
Jun 15, 2018 14:58:17 GMT -5
stuka: I mean it's not your fault. It is interesting though that things are falling off as we are finally getting our ww2 guns with the type 38/96 and the enfield as well as it recieving a new loading system, it's kind of unfortunate
Jun 16, 2018 3:30:04 GMT -5
Dracul: I don't know, maybe its because all the guns are becoming available, there is a decreasing need for the forums.
Jun 16, 2018 16:29:26 GMT -5
Dracul: Most of the talk was about making guns, as all the uniform info was already out there, but now the weapons are out there and are usually decent quality.
Jun 16, 2018 16:33:32 GMT -5
stuka: well the forum is and should still be useful for updates on guns, creating groups/events and building kits
Jun 18, 2018 1:33:29 GMT -5
Cpl. Hicks: I haven't been here in years, but I'm glad to see this forum is still kicking! So much great info on here.
Jun 22, 2018 14:00:12 GMT -5
savoy6: anyone know if anyone still carries the enfield?
Jul 15, 2018 18:47:08 GMT -5
Dracul: I think Redwolf has a Enfield. If not or not longer, then not until G&G releases theirs. The old gas Iron Airsoft brand SMLE isn't carried by anyone anymore and was such piece of crap. Not worth trying to track one down.
Jul 19, 2018 5:55:35 GMT -5